Social Justice Task Force
The Social Justice Task Force will engage in grassroots activism to strive for equal social opportunities and equal protection under the law for all, and an end to discrimination on any basis.
- Achieve 100% participation of PVC membership in all available elections.
- Increase election participation in our local communities in order to effect progressive change.
- Realize meaningful state and federal policy changes regarding drug laws and criminal justice reforms, including elimination of any profit motives in policing and incarceration systems.
- Demand state and federal policy changes regarding specific classification of gender and sexual orientation in non-discrimination laws.
- Repel "religious liberty" laws, which, in effect, discriminate against significant portions of the population.
- Persuade state and federal legislators to codify the expansion of voting access, elimination of voter identification laws, and restoration of felon's rights to vote when they have finished the terms of their sentences, including full reenactment of the Voting Rights Act.
- Support the ACLU's efforts to enshrine Virginia voting rights to include anyone who is 18 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen with no restrictions, including prior criminal offenses.